Entries in tips (2)
Jeanette Jenkins is one of my all-time favorite celebrity trainers. The other day on her Facebook page she posted this link to a calorie calculator on her website that will tell you how many calories you need to eat to lose weight. In addition to the calculator came the following 10 tips for burning fat and seeing results. I've heard her expound upon these tips in other places before and I know they work!!! I would encourage you to pick one or two to stick to, or if you're feeling brave then do all ten! If you stick to these rules, you'll be on your way to a smokin' body in no time. ;-)
1. Do 20-60 minutes of Cardiovascular exercises (power walking, jogging, cycling, aerobics class, kickboxing, boxing, swimming, etc.) at least 4-6 times per week. This will help you boost your metabolism and burn calories.
2. Try to do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to boost your metabolism.
3. Hydrate with approximately 5 liters of water per day
4. Don't eat carbohydrates (sugar, fruit, juices, cereal, starches) during the first two hours following cardio.
5. Drink at least 1-2 liters of water after cardio
6. Do Muscular Strength/Endurance work (Yoga, sculpting, weight training) at least 2-3 times per week to boost metabolism, sculpt and define muscles.
7. Do Flexibility work (Yoga, pilates, stretching) at least 2 times per week to lengthen and define muscles and increase range of motion in your joints.
8. Eliminate complex carbohydrates (starches, rice, pasta, bread, etc.) from your evening meal. (Stick with mostly veggies & lean protein.)
9. Eat 6-7 small meals per day to increase metabolism
10. Follow the guidelines of a healthy nutrition plan.